Friday, August 1, 2008

Busy Summer!


It's been a very busy summer! Lots of exciting things have happened since the last post.
In early July, Isaac had his first swim in a real pool! He loved being in the water and floating around in his car. :) Unfortunately, we haven't been swiming since then because of the other big news that's been keeping us busy.








(I just love this picture!)

Sometime in mid-July, David decided to try to sell our house and get in something with a flat (or "less steep") driveway while prices are down. It posted on the listings website at 5pm that Monday and we had two viewings the next day - both resulting in offers! We took the second one and have been dealing with paperwork and house shopping since then. We found another house and made an offer last weekend - and the builder actually accepted it! I'm looking forward to it because it's right down the street from Isaac's daycare. With the road closed over there, it takes an extra 20-40 minutes a day depending on traffic so it'll be nice to have that time back. Closing on the new house is August 11 and the old house is August 25 so we'll have a decent amount of time to move.

Isaac took his first steps last weekend!!! David was sitting on a couch and had Isaac standing on the floor in front of him. He lifted his legs to the sides of Isaac as a guide and I sat in front of him. Isaac took three adorable steps toward me without holding on! He's taken a few steps here and there since then and I'm anxious to see him really start moving on his own!

Daddy gave Isaac his summer 'do. I'm very sad because I loved his beautiful, soft hair but I'm sure he's more comfortable now. Plus, it will grow back and I can have it longer for the winter. :)

We found out yesterday that Isaac will be switching to the big boy classroom on Monday. They picked Isaac and another little girl to move up and make room for new kids in his old room. David is awfully proud but I think they picked him mosly because he doesn't nap very well and in the new class, they only take 1 nap a day. Oh well! I just hope he learns new things from the older kids.

No comments: