Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Fun



















Isaac went to 3 pumpkin patches this month! He loves them and often asks to go on tractor rides, hayrides and to the pumpkin patch. Unfortunately, we picked the coldest days of the month each time so the pictures aren't the best since we're all bundled up.


He has a Halloween parade at school on Thursday. All the kids get in their costumes and walk around the gym with the parents lined up around the sides to give treats. Halloween is our absolute least favorite "holiday" but we did get him a monkey costume. I think he'll be able to wear it to a few different events and he's awfully cute in it so I'm hoping we get some good pictures.


We can definitely tell he's in his 2's now. He's attempting to be very independent and gets very upset when he can't do something on his own. But he's very proud when he does accomplish something (we hear, "I did it!" frequently)! He's especially good at putting his shoes on - he gets them on the correct feet most of the time. He also really likes to play with his little girlfriend down the street but they can get into some real fights/screaming fits when they both go for the same toy. They definitely cannot be left alone. It seems like they don't like each other when they're playing but they get very sad when it's time to go home and always ask for each other when they're away.


David and I are doing well just to tolerate the cold weather moving in. I've been trying to be a bit more domestic - I made some really good soups and my own chicken stock! Isaac also likes to help me bake but I'm trying to cut back on that stuff. :) I decided I want to start a hobby of making my own jewelry but I haven't taken the plunge and purchased any tools. We went to Michael's this weekend and the selection of beads is so big, I don't even know where to start!


That's it for now. If I remember, I'll post some monkey pictures of Isaac next weekend. :)

No comments: